Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back to the Majestic Mongolia 2011

Year 2006 was my first trip to Mongolia since then I had fallen in love with this country,..... soon I was back there in summer 2008 and once more this year.....
Mongolia has seen tremendous development during these last few years. For me who loves to fish exotic freshwater species, if I don't go now - then when??? Just looking at the groceries and sundry shops goods, you will know what I mean..... Furthermore, the road from Ulaanbaator to Tsetseleg is no more just a dusty bumpy path but a well built 4-lane highway spartially - unbelievable!!......
This year I came back for another exotic rare species quest at the Far West of Mongolia,.... which took me 5 days drive from Ulaanbaator.... Below are some pictures from my 19 days sojourn.......
A beautiful restaurant in the middle of no where.....
Time to have a breather...... Once out of town, they only serve milk-tea "Suutei Tsai".... Tea with milk and salt added,... sometimes with some extra butter.   
Simple Mongolian lunch,... Pan fried pastry with mutton, Noodles with mutton, soup with mutton, and speghetti with mutton,..... everything also with mutton.
  A fascinating performance by an old folk during a night stay in Kharhorin.......
More photos during the trip...... Kharakhorum, located at the crossroads of the ancient silk road.... Chinggis Khaan's fabled city and the surroundings.....The first buddhist monastery, Erdene Zuu Monastery....
Saw this Penis Rock on the hill,... It's hardddd! 
A long journey of a few thousand kilometers crammed in a tight jalopy is not an easy and comfortable way to travel for most people...... We crossed half of the Mongolian landscape during our quest. Though the travelling was rough, slow and lengthy, it provided us with great opportunity to understand indepth the people's culture and way of life........... It also presented us the opportunity to take in the vast track of beautiful landscape sceneries. Cameras were clicking all the way during the whole journey......
 True Mongolian faces..... 
 Camping along the journey.....
Talking about food,... we have got a couple of good cooks to prepare for us through out the whole journey........
It's all looking good and tasty,.... Our breakfasts......
 Lunches.....
Dinners.....
 We even tried some local snacks,.... Pine nut.....
 Some berries.....
This happens always,.... almost every trip that I travelled to Mongolia..... Vehicle break down and repair in the middle of no where, it seems like part and parcel of their life here......
Sometimes even getting stucked in the river...... HELP! HELP!
......What a coincidence!? Half of the way to the West of Mongolia, in the middle of no where, I met my old friend Molgi again from my first trip in year 2006..... We were so happy that we had a chance to meet again..... I have been trying to locate him since my first trip but he had left the company soon after my trip in 2006...... This is better than striking the lottery!! YES!
...... This was taken during my first try to Mongolia,... one for the memory....
 ...... more pictures.... beautiful scenes
 Will continue the journey to the Western Mongolia, Uvs province....... towards the high Altai mountain range where the great lakes are........