Sunday, June 10, 2012

Snakehead Fishing

Snakehead fishing was one of my earliest fish target when I started to fall in love with fishing,.... the traditional way to fish snakehead here is to use a live little frog to cast out and retrieve to perform the tempting action for the bite.....
Every lure fishermen will do the same when come to fishing the Forest Snakehead in the swamps,... they tend to fall back on using the traditional way which is using a live frog instead of artificial lure.... Ohh No! Not for me.... I insist on using a jig head with soft plastic lure.....
This is where the snakehead inhabits.....
Bujuk in Malay is what the local call the Forest Snakehead (Channa lucius)..... This specie of snakehead lives in the slow-flowing forest streams and swamps where it can feeds on smaller fish, frogs and freshwater shrimps.... Beautiful fish isin't it?!
A rare catch by Piaw of a Emperor Snakehead (Channa Marulioides)...... Great!~
A biger Bujuk was caught after that......
I don't have much result on this day,.... this small "Haruan" Striped Snakehead (Channa striata) was my only catch....Sighhh! What a bad day......