Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Last Yellow Cheek Carp in Shanghai...

After a few years of chasing after the Yellow Cheek Carp in China, Shanghai's surrounding is one of my best spot to look for this monster..... This year I took my chance again in Shanghai to challenge this very unique freshwater predator.....
Of course you will need some help from the local authority......
We went and tried at a few new spots,... but nothing turn up.....
Only our friend Kazu from Japan was lucky enough to have caught two Spotted China Seabass on that day....
Nice catch for Kazu....
A grand dinner with the locals.....
Mutton cooked in exquisite herbal broth....
Soft Shell Turtle steamed in sticky rice....
Spicy Freshwater Eel....
Cantonese style steam Mandarin Bass....
After all the heavy dinner last night,... a totally local pork noodle for our breakfast is just delightful...
I have been told that the spot I used to fish at is no longer the same as it was because of making a dam in that area.... This very location below is a water inlet where we used to catch more than 5 Yellow Cheek Carps.... Now is just a pitiful abandoned waterway.....
This year I was so lucky I caught the one and only Yellow Cheek Carp among us....
Cheers and thanks to my friend Gong has brought me here again for another trophy catch....
I surely hope this freshwater predator will not go extinct and we will return for another challenge another day..... Chiao!!!