Saturday, July 13, 2013

Peacock Bass of Air Kuning

Air Kuning again.... This time I have my friend Ben with me for a 2D1N trip...
Reached there in the early morning....
Launching my little boat...
A slow start in the morning.... Baby Toman...
After a while without any sign of the Peacock Bass, we moved to the next pond..... and this pond is full of water liliy plants....
A local fisherman harvesting the water lily pods for the lotus seed that he can sell in the markets....
Hahaha! Ben's first catch....
Suddenly I hooked up a big Toman while aiming for a Peacock bass.....
Phewww!... So lucky, I never thought I could get this guy up with a 10lb line since there were a lot of water lilies in the surrounding..... Cheers!!
Thanks for it's presence,... it made my day...
There after it was back to square one,... we only managed to catch some small fellas again only....
..... sighhhhh!
Dark clouds suddenly engulfed us....
We seek cover under the foliage....
But the rain didn't seem to stop anytime soon that afternoon....
Well, this is fishing.....